In the 83 years since its founding, Trinity High School has been guided by one goal: to provide the best Catholic education for the young people we serve. The school was established in 1926 by the Sisters of St. Joseph of the Third Order of St. Francis as an all-girls school. Originally named Saint Joseph Academy, it was located in the Marymount Convent in Garfield Heights. In 1939, the school's name was changed to Marymount High School to avoid confusion with Saint Joseph Academy in Cleveland.
In 1954, a steadily increasing enrollment led the Sisters to break ground for a new high school building, located just to the east of the convent. On September 5, 1957, they welcomed 470 girls to the new Marymount High School facility, which today serves as the main building of the Trinity campus.
In the next 15 years, enrollment patterns shifted as more and more Catholic families expressed their desire for co-educational secondary education for their sons and daughters. To meet this need, the Sisters decided to close all-girl Marymount and open co-educational Trinity High School. The new school enrolled 335 girls and 46 boys when it opened its doors on September 3, 1973.
The Trinity tradition is built on a foundation of faith and academic excellence. High-tech facilities, superior instruction, a glistening building and energetic students come together at Trinity to generate an unmatched enthusiasm for learning. The tradition continues today on our 26-acre campus with 400 students representing six northeastern Ohio counties.
Our dedicated faculty and staff are experts in their field of study. Committed to life-long learning, our prestigious faculty have earned the following advanced degrees in a wide range of subject areas:
- PhD: 2
- MA/MS: 16
- BA/BS: 17
Trinity High School is fully accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, the Ohio Department of Education, and the Ohio Catholic School Accrediting Association.
CEEB Code (SAT/ACT): 362260